A series of rehearsed online play readings
Remember the feeling of getting a new script and devouring it to find out what it has in store? It's time to bring that back.
Yes, Sedos is excited to announce a series of online play readings, starting on 8 October 2020. While we can't quite start rehearsals in person yet, there's no reason why we can't have a bit of a read and a performance from our living rooms.
For this series of casual readings, we've learned from our colleagues in other societies (some of whom have been running readings since lockdown began) and have taken note of what works particularly well. We intend to present short, fun plays with as many opportunities to get involved via Zoom as possible, and we would love for you to take part as a reader or as an audience member. Costumes and backgrounds are optional but encouraged. Here's how it will work:
- Plays will be announced in the Sedos newsletter and website, with the deadline for expressing interest in that reading via an online form.
- Casting will be announced online and in the newsletter. The cast will be emailed with the script.
- Rehearsals will take place via Zoom.
- The performance will take place via Zoom on Thursdays at 7.30pm.
While we can't guarantee a role to everyone who applies, we will aim to be fair and ensure no one misses out over the course of the season. Of course, anyone who isn't cast is encouraged to dial in for the performance.
If you have any questions, please email Peter Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you online soon.
Online via Zoom
- Thursday 8 October 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 15 October 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 29 October 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 12 November 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 26 November 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 10 December 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 18 February 2021 7.30pm
- Thursday 18 March 2021 7.30pm
- Thursday 15 April 2021 7.30pm