Let's Talk About Scripts
A series of fortnightly online play readings
Show announced in Friday's newsletter
Sign up by Sunday afternoon
Performance every other Thursday at 7.30pm
Remember the feeling of getting a new script and devouring it to find out what it has in store? It's time to bring that back.
Yes, Sedos is excited to announce a series of online play readings, starting on 8 October 2021. While we can't quite start rehearsals in person yet, there's no reason why we can't have a bit of a read and a performance from our living rooms.
For this series of casual fortnightly readings, we've learned from our colleagues in other societies (some of whom have been running readings since lockdown began) and have taken note of what works particularly well. We intend to present short, fun plays with as many opportunities to get involved via Zoom as possible, and we would love for you to take part as a reader or as an audience member. Costumes and backgrounds are optional but encouraged. Here's how it will work:
- Plays will be announced on Thursday after the weekly reading, as well as in the newsletter.
- You will have until the following Sunday afternoon to express your interest in that reading via an online form.
- Casting will be announced on the Monday evening or Tuesday morning via social media (and the cast will be emailed with the script).
- A brief technical rehearsal for the cast will take place via Zoom on Thursdays at 7pm.
- The performance will take place via Zoom on Thursdays at 7.30pm (after which we will announce the next week's play).
While we can't guarantee a role to everyone who applies, we will aim to be fair and ensure no one misses out over the course of the season. Of course, anyone who isn't cast is encouraged to dial in for the performance. Note that you must be a current Sedos member to read, but anyone is able to watch.
The first reading will take place on 8 October, and the play will be announced in next week's newsletter. In the meantime, here's how you can apply to take part:
- Fill in the application form at https://forms.gle/qFLiK1M1Gb7ZZByr9 (note that you will need to edit your responses each week so we know you are keen and available).
- Send a short, filmed reading of a monologue (maximum of 2 minutes) to email@example.com via WeTransfer (you only need to do this the first time you apply).
Simple! If you have any questions, please email Matt Bentley at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you online soon.
Online via Zoom
- Thursday 8 October 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 15 October 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 22 October 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 29 October 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 5 November 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 12 November 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 19 November 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 26 November 2020 7.30pm
- Thursday 10 December 2020 7.30pm