By PETER SHAFFER
Genius, jealousy and revenge
I looked on astounded as from his ordinary life he made his art. We were both ordinary men, he and I. Yet from the ordinary he created Legends - and I from Legends created only the ordinary!
In the court of the Austrian Emperor Joseph II, Antonio Salieri is the established composer. Enter the greatest musical genius of all time: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Salieri has given himself to God so that he might realise his sole ambition, to be a great composer. Mozart is a foul-mouthed, graceless oaf who has that which is beyond Salieri’s envious grasp: genius.
A fictionalized account of the relationship between these two real life composers, Peter Shaffer’s Amadeus takes us on a wild ride through the trials and tribulations of genius, jealousy and revenge.
Pre-audition workshop: evening of Thursday 7 July
First round auditions: daytime of Saturday 16 July; evenings of Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 July
Recalls: daytime of Saturday 30 July
Amadeus plays at the Bridewell Theatre from 23 November-3 December 2022.
Peter Shaffer's greatest play
DIRECTOR | Matt Gould
PRODUCER | Pippa Kyle
LIGHTING DESIGNER | Olly Levett
SOUND DESIGNER | Adrian Jeakins
SET DESIGNER AND BUILDER | Steven King
COSTUMES, HAIR AND MAKE-UP | Gill Daniell
STAGE MANAGER | Andrew Laidlaw
PROPS | Shiri Stern
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR | Dan Edge
ASSISTANT PRODUCER | Valeria Oliveira
MARKETING | Stephen Beeny
PHOTOGRAPHER | David Ovenden
- Wednesday 23 November 2022 7.30pm
- Thursday 24 November 2022 7.30pm
- Friday 25 November 2022 7.30pm
- Saturday 26 November 2022 2.30pm
- Saturday 26 November 2022 7.30pm
- Tuesday 29 November 2022 7.30pm
- Wednesday 30 November 2022 7.30pm
- Thursday 1 December 2022 7.30pm
- Friday 2 December 2022 7.30pm
- Saturday 3 December 2022 2.30pm
- Saturday 3 December 2022 7.30pm